Notice of intended prosecution

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mk2 nas, Apr 15, 2020.

1. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

hi,as above a friend of mine has received the intended notice of prosecution for speeding by a local police force wanting her to give details of the driver at the time and all that. I'm sure a few of you know the score.this is the first notice received and the offence is logged as October 2019.i said to her someone's having a laugh with you surely.she rang them and they have issued it for certain it's no joke.ive heard there is a time limit on notices of this nature she's a bit intimidated by the notice.anyone had a late notice and avoided action.i think this can't go anywhere from the polices point of view???
    Thanks.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

mk2 nas likes this.
  3. pigbladder Forum Addict

mk2 nas likes this.
  4. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Ok thanks,I think it's poss been lost or forgotten about in the polices system and
    They sent it out anyway on the hope that the receiver would just comply without looking into it. (some people would) even more so o.a.ps and the like.
    We've looked into it and done the following.
    Returned the n.i.p (not filled in) to police with a covering letter stating they are well outside
    The timeframe for the notice to be legally enforced.
    We don't expect to hear further on this issue as advised by our solicitor.
    thanks
    Yours faithfully

Mrs F off.