OEM management wiring: 1.8T => Mk2 harness install FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by 20v_jimmy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. paulgtir32sc New Member

brown plug pin2 purple black is live with ingition on, pump primes then on crank it turns to earth ?

2. paulgtir32sc New Member

oh sorry i get you the two pin plug that plugs the two looms together one white/red relayed joining to purple black its live on ignition and crank but it also seems to be live with the key out ?

3. paulgtir32sc New Member

i am sure from when i used to wire up dta's 4 pin coil packs used to have to lives pin 1 and 3 if i recall but i seem to only have a live on pin1 ?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

is that definitly the right plug as the SAI pump plug also fits it. wouldnt be the 1st person to make this error! but as long as that wire is live with ignition then you should be sorted. it shouldnt be live with ignition off though, but it might stay live for a short while after ign is switched off?

coil pack:
    1 - power from ecu relay via 2 pin plug above
    2 - earth for switched side of coil via 14 pin plug pin 7
    3 - trigger from ecu (+ve pulse i think?)
    4 - earth for spark side of coil

5. paulgtir32sc New Member

i complete pulled out all the sai relay wiring the two pin plug only has one wire in it white/red one side purple/black the other,

not seem to be getting trigger from ecu in coil pack pin 3 when cranking.... unsure is the ecu is decode coded but should still try to fire ? correct ?

6. rubjonny

afaik mk4 is like mk3 in that it will fire and cut out if immob kicks in, but i might be wrong on that. vag-com will tell you if its the immobiliser though

7. Lewis583

Lewis583 Forum Member

Quick question fellas. The wiring for the clutch pedal position switch, okay to remove if not fitting cruise?
    Agu > ce2 mk2

8. paulgtir32sc New Member

somthings not right then not get postive feed in pin3 on the coils the injectors are fine and pulsing :S

9. rubjonny

pretty sure you still need the clutch switch for proper operation of the ecu, but it wont stop it running. easy to fit mk2 has hole for clutch switch on pedal box for you

10. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

If you use the MK4 switch you have to file it out slightly for the lugs to fit and hold on to. I think i have a passat pedal box but had it out anyway to weld the pedal on so its best to do it all out of the car:thumbup:

11. rubjonny

does anyone know if mk2/3 cruise clutch switch works same way as mk4 one? if so that should be direct fit i think and they arnt that expensive from vw :thumbup:

12. paulgtir32sc New Member

double and triple check the wiring and all seems to be correct i am just not getting a pulsed live on pin 3 of the coil pack its a pulsed earth :S any ideas

13. rubjonny

have you checked a few of the blue/yellow wires for fuel pump live like on the maf etc? mat had a problem on his where half of the pump live wiring wasnt working for some reason and had to shift it to G2/8 rather G1/8

14. paulgtir32sc New Member

fuel pump seems to be working primes up fine one ignition, checked the blue/yellow wires none of them are live n112 sai maf all of them are earth tried to probe them to live but makes no difference begining to wonder if ecu it at fault ?

15. paulgtir32sc New Member

blue/yellow wires are connected to g1/10 as per guide ? but this seems to be earthed ? but saying that doesnt make any difference i a probe a live down it still no spark

16. paulgtir32sc New Member

there is two guides on here pin 6 on the t14a plug i have in g2 pin seems to work fine cuts to live with pump prime then cuts then on crank lives again but on the other guide is says this should be in g1 pin 8 but both work the same

17. rubjonny

G1/10 is ecu relay live, so make sure you have a 30 or 32 relay in there! g1 and g2 8 are both fuel pump lives, only difference is g1/8 is fused g2/8 is not.

18. paulgtir32sc New Member

sorry to be a pest what location does the 30/32 relay need to be in ? because currently there isnt one

19. rubjonny

20. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Funny how this should come up now as i had my problem:lol:
    I would really like to run it in G1/8 for the fuse so will have to check my fusebox out[:s]