OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Sverre Lervik New Member

My car is OEM Diesel, I have connected T6/2 trigger to D13 for oem pin T on glow plug relay, Is this correct?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

So you have made an adaptor harness to go between the AJM loom and tyhe car side? If so and T10W didnt come from a diesel or an earlier diesel without pre-supply pump then this pin will be empty so you'll have to add your own pin here and use it to trigger the fuel pump relay.

in my notes I mixed up the fuel and glowplug triggers in the external relay list, now fixed. So if you wire a fuel relay above the fusebox you trigger it from T10w/7, if you wire an external glowplug relay then you wire it to T6/2 or T10/3 depending on the age of your loom :)

409 relay wire it up as per that list and it should work I think, you may also have to add a 2nd earth to pin 31 for the internal control module to work correctly but see how you go

3. Sverre Lervik New Member

Yes, have made adaptor harness between AJM and car side. I have 2 harness for diesel, on one of them there was wire from T10w/7. Have now added this wire to the harness i will use. I have extra relay above fuse box for fuel and using relay socket 2 on the fusebox for glow plug relay as OEM mk1 diesel.

4. Sverre Lervik New Member

Sorry, I have 167 fuel relay, not 409.

5. rubjonny

ok easy peasy then :)

6. Sverre Lervik New Member

Think I have control now Thanks rubjonny

7. Ivan 1.8 20VT New Member

Hello, packing 1.8T AUM in my mk3, as I understand it should look like this if someone can explain to me where they were going other cables. Thank you

T6
    4-G2/9
    5-G1/8
    6-G1/8
    2-G1/3

T10
    3-G1/3
    9-G1/12

T10a
    7-G1/3
    1-G2/10-11
    4-G2/3
    6-G1/8

10-G1/11
    T14a
    3-G1/11

erreesse likes this.
  8. rubjonny

which pins are you unsure of? my thread goes into a lot of detail on how to wire these up :)

9. Sverre Lervik New Member

Hi.

Working with my mk1 1.9tdi PD. Have start the enging an its looks good. But i have one problem, the glow plugs not working. T6/2 purple/white are connected to D13 and using relay slot 2 in the fusebox with MK4 glow plug relay. Its looks like the trigger signal from ecu missing. If I put in oem mk1 glow plug relay the glowing is working, but it will not stop. 12v to plugs until I swith the igintion off. The car is OEM diesel. Do you have any ideea? Thanks.

10. rubjonny

are you sure its not working, or the ecu is just deciding the engine isnt cold enough to need them? I know on our PD150 nobody ever waits for the glowplug light we just crank it right over and it starts every time

to check the mk4 glowplug relay you can earth d/13 and it should switch on, its a 4 terminal 'dumb' relay you're using right?

erreesse likes this.
  11. Sverre Lervik New Member

Im using glow plug relay 103 from the donor car. If I eart the d/13 its working. It could be the temperature, its heated garage i will check later when its cold.

12. Sverre Lervik New Member

Its working! It was the temperature Thanks Rubjonny

13. rubjonny

good stuff :thumbup:

14. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Rubjonny, you are still a legend after all these years. [:*:]

Gurds

15. rubjonny

cheers gurds :hug:

16. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Hello after a little bit of help.
    Had William skeleton of dubnutz do my loom and it’s all plugged in and Ready to go. He has done a great job.
    Hooked battery up and it turns over but doesn’t fire.
    I’m getting codes.
    P0201
    P0202
    P0203
    P0204 and
    P0230
    The last one is fule pump circuit. An I’m reading online that that’s what is causing the other codes.
    I have a 409 relay in the fuel pump socket. Is it worth me trying the other relays in this guide or could it be a bad earth.
    car is mk3.5 cabrio so ce2 fusebox.
    Engine is aum
    hoping it just needs a 167 relay.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  17. rubjonny

best to get in contact with william as he'll know the ins and outs of your loom best.

P0230/16614 suggests a short or open circuit on the pump wiring circuit somewhere, does the fuel pump run at all? the other codes all relate to fuel injectors, so I guess these codes are all related. a 409 relay should work just fine, if you want to rule out issues with the ecu trigger to the fuel relay swap youe 18 relay into slot 12 the pump should then be live with ignition regardless of what ecu is doing

erreesse likes this.
  18. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Thanks mate will contact him Monday if I can’t figure it out. I have solved the fuel pump code by taking relay out and put back again. Can here the fuel pump prime. I will check fuel filter as well.
    Still have injector codes. I’m thinking it’s a bad earth. Battery flat now so put that on charge. Will check all the connections tomorrow and try again.
    hopefully can get it to fire so I can spend next week putting her back together.

cheers Jonny

19. rubjonny

alright cool, maybe put an 18 relay into slot 12v to have relay powered up permanently, then check you have power at your injector pins

erreesse likes this.
  20. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Thanks for your reply Jonny. spoke to Will.
    turns out it was something simple. 14 pin plug wasn’t clipped together properly. Doh. fired straight up after I sorted that.