Potential new mk6 owner - advice please

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by WhisperingWasp, Jun 28, 2017.

1. WhisperingWasp New Member

Hello all.

Appreciate the normal etiquette would be to introduce myself in the 'hello' forum but as I have not yet pulled the trigger on a purchase I shall wait until if (or more likely when) I do.

I have a rough idea of the colour/spec/etc that I am after and handily I am fairly relaxed on most things - manual/DSG, 3/5 door - I have seen some lovely examples of all. I will no doubt have some more specific questions later however.

The most pressing question at the moment is around the revised tensioner thing... Having done some research I understand that cars built post-May 2010 have this? Is it fair to assume that all 60 plate cars will therefore be 'fixed' or could some have been built earlier and not registered until later? Is this a big deal and what else should I be looking out for?

Thanks all.

Dan

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Welcome!

Is this a MK6 GTI? I own an Edition 35 and it's the first i have heard of it to be honest! No notices from VW and i bought it from new.

3. WhisperingWasp New Member

Hi Mat.

Looks like 60-plate cars and onwards are fine. I'm looking at an 11-plate. Think you have a different engine in the Ed35 maybe?! Still getting to grips with all the info.

4. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Edition35 is the older engine as found in the mk5 ed30.