Pro Alloy Replacement Fuel Pump Housing

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by graham989, Dec 18, 2018.

1. graham989 Paid Member Paid Member

Morning all,

Has anyone got one of these;

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_62_143&p=2901&id=proalloy

Mine is buggered and been repaired a few times, looking at used ones, but they’re nearly as expensive as these.

These look OEM which I like, as I’m trying to keep the look of the car original.

Mines a 1986 K-jet EV, so I also wondered if I would need a new pump, as this says it’s for 16v’s (which apparently has a larger pump).

Any thoughts, views, experience great fully received as always.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the UK spec 8v kjet pump, housing, accumulator, etc all same as 16v so it'll all swap over :)

3. graham989 Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers Jonny,

Really appreciated.

:thumbup:

4. mikellloyd

mikellloyd Paid Member Paid Member

Hi guys,

Resurrecting this as my car has sprung a leak from the pump housing (again).

Same issue I’m replacing it, k-jet housings seem in short Supply these days. Anyone had a pro alloy one? They look good, pricey but if you get what you pay for that’s not the end of the world. Anyone used one before?

cheers,

mike

5. Aaron16v New Member

I've got one of these on my mine, fitted 2 years ago with new everything to go in it and I've had absolutely no problems from it whatsoever, plus these won't break apart when you need to change the filter like the plastic ones generally do in this day and age, well worth the investment IMO

6. mikellloyd

mikellloyd Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for that, good to have a vote of confidence. It’s a big buy but when 30 year old second hand ones seem to be half the price it actually makes the pro alloy seem reasonable

7. graham989 Paid Member Paid Member

I bit the bullet and got one installed about 2 years ago.

No issues with it, expensive, but when you look at really crappy ones going for silly money, I thought that as I was keeping the car forever it just made sense.