Problem with Golf GTI 16v Mk3 (ABF)

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by dravidham, Jul 21, 2009.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

its pretty straight forward, 1st disconnect the battery. then undo the nut holding the battery wires to the starter, and disconnect the red/black wire plug. crack loose the top bolt/nut on the front engine mount, and get a jack under the engine somewhere, I usually put it under the gearbox bellhousing but somewhere secure. Lift the engine till it just comes off the front engine molunt, then remove the starter motor. Then the front engine mount bracket should come off and you'll have lots of clearance to get to the crank sensor :)

2. dravidham Forum Member

Thanks mate.

I will try this tomorrow after work. Lots of potential swearing from myself me thinks:lol:

Shall let you boys know how I get on.

3. dravidham Forum Member

Quick update from me.

The new sensor is not fitted and the car now runs. I removed the starter motor and front mount and lifted the engine to gain clearance to fit the new sensor.

It was a sod to do, as a previous owner had rounded off the allen bolt that secures the sensor. Nothing a bit os perseverence with a hammer and a shapr edge couldn't take care of though.

I also fitted a new oil pressure switch in the hope that it would cure my oil leak and also cure the issue I have with my oil light flashing. Sadly the light is still flashing, but I'll start another thread regarding that.

Thanks for the help given regarding the crank sensor lads - much appreciated.:)

Dave.

4. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Hi. I’m changing the oil cooler seal but I also need to change this sensor. It’s the one on the right. Is it the oil pressure sensor? Any know a part number ?

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes thats your 1.8 bar oil pressure switch, 056919081

6. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.