Question regarding 1.8T caliper carriers

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Maxapayne, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Maxapayne New Member

Hi all I have encountered an issue. Was doing the rear brakes on my golf yesterday and turns out the previous owner didnt ever Grease the slide pins. All 4 were siezied solid I managed to work 2 free with some penetrating fluid but unfortunately the other two have snapped off inside the carrier. So because I don't have time to try drill them out I am looking to get some replacement ones from a scrapyard. What mk4 have the same size carriers as my 1.8T ? As don't think there are many lying around my local scrapyard and don't particularly want to get genuine VW replacement.

Many thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

chances are any mk4 you find will have the right bits, assuming you have the normal 230mm discs and not the larger 256mm stuff. plenty other VAG use them as well, what I would do is pop in there with your old carrier and see what matches up. newest VAG you find them on is 2008 polo and 2010 ibiza so have a look at those as well

3. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

Depending on location i may be able to help as have carriers for 1.8t pm me