Race GC Sport Tyres - Anyone used them ?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by trackdaygtimk2, Dec 13, 2016.

1. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

As the title suggests has anyone tried these tyres on eBay ,

the seller has a Facebook profile buts that's all the info I can find , tread looks the same as Toyo R888 and they are advertised as re-treads and look reasonably priced at 70 a pair

Are they Toyo in disguise ?????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122241972065

2x 195 50 15 RaceGC SEMI SLICKS

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Did you buy them in the end?

3. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

Have not purchased them yet, was hoping for some feedback from anyone that has

4. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

I can't vouch for them personally, but I think they are probably from Poland - nothing specifically wrong with that of course. There is a guy locally to me selling Polish race tyres, which I assume are from the same source, if not actually the same. They claim to use Avon race compounds.

Some of the Welsh hill climb and sprint guys have used them, the feed back I heard was that compared to Kumho super softs they weren't as good, but no surprise there really as they are less than half the price, plus of course track day guys aren't going to be using Kumho super softs! In addition they said they squealed a bit. However, the car they were on went quicker on a hill than on the Kumho, but slower on a sprint. They stayed round, kept air in them up and didn't do anything silly otherwise.

Would imagine they were ok for trackdays etc. from the limited feed back I have heard, but if you want the second or so a lap you have to pay the cash I'm afraid - which in hill climbs and sprints is about 300.00 per corner for Avon A15's!!

5. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

Thanks Tony, yes from what I can see on the Facebook page for the tyres the have been used in Poland a lot , might order a pair and try with the Toyo 888 I already have and swap front to back to get an idea of the grip

6. Muuu New Member

I'll give my honest opinion.
    Was very undecided between the TOYO R888 and FEDERAL 595 RS-R (Semi-Slick), as there is a huge difference in price / performance. I have rim 15 "

I chose FEDERAL, and I can only speak well! It has crazy track behavior, and the "hot" the tire has a very good cornering and braking result.

It was cheaper than the TOYO and they are street legal!