Raised front turrets & MK5 Golf top mounts

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by mayor west, Apr 24, 2017.

1. mayor west Forum Member

Just thought I would share this with everyone on here.

Last week I had the front turrets raised by 40mm with MK5 Golf camber adjustable top mounts, I had the top plate bolt holes elongated to allow caster adjustment too.

After doing this the wish bones now sit level even with a decent drop in ride height so should hopefully make a big difference to handling. I'm taking it to Croft next month so I'll soon find out. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 slight issue is that I had to raise the bonnet to clear the new turrets but this isn't an issue as it's for my track car, Iv'e had a few people on Facebook ask about these so I'm getting them priced up but in 30mm which should be ok for a standard road car.

Cheers

Toyotec, vw_singh and HPR like this.
  2. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Liking the raised turrets:thumbup: but that doesn`t affect the wishbone angle at all. [:s]

It helps position the damper in it`s travel better though :)

Can't you just cut away part of the bonnet inner skin to give you more clearance?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Cupra_Rally Forum Member

The welding looks top notch and very neat.....not a pigeon in site. Always nice to see a bit of home brew that would be at home on a competition car and that a scrutineer would look at and be happy with.....Very neat fabrication Mayor. :thumbup:

Nige likes this.
  4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Thanks for sharing your work on here.
    I like the grassroots thinking behind your modifications. Proper function over form modification!
    Loving how you made the TDI powerplant look at home in there too!

5. Romka Forum Member

Do you sell these? I want to buy :)