Rear axle bush install - does this look okay?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by MJA, Jun 18, 2022.

1. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I fitted Powerflex Poly bushes to mine, no increase in harshness and easier to fit imho.

2. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers guys this thread has evolved into the next job at hand on practices to set up the axle before torquing. Bentley sounds good but in the back of my mind as my car is c30mm lower i think doing it on the ground is probably closer the angle in my circumstances vs a factory spec.

Haynes is like Bentley but less detailed - 12degrees +-2degrees, brackets and axle set up like that off car. Offer up to car, align right hand side with 3 bracket bolts central first then pry the left hand side into the same position.

I look forward to doing it on axle stands alone. I may need to sweet talk my wife into helping me out on this job.

I got peeved off with the bush and cut it out at the weekend. I've bought some poly bushes to go in... never tried them before and don't really have a reference point to how it should be any way as my bushes were torn and not doing their job in the handful of miles i've done on the car! I'm doing this job twice on the mk2 and mk3 so did not want to make life anymore difficult for myself.

KeithMac likes this.