Rear discs - stub axle cover mk2 non abs & mk3 abs

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by MJA, Jul 18, 2022.

1. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Couple of quesitons...

Can i just double check I've got the mounting orientation right for the gold stub axle cover (191501639B). It's been some time since I took it apart and I can't quite remember. As pictured seems correct to clear allow the disk to clear the ABS sesnor (mk3)

191501639B.jpg

My second question is that my mk2, non abs, had the same gold cover however when I look at part diagrams it says I should have version 191501639A which looks like this - which part is correct for the mk2 disc brake GTI? I am confused becuase I was certain my mk2 was still as it left the factory, the stub axles themselves were stamed VW Audi.

Part no ending A is readily available however the one ending B is obsolete and hard to find. If it is the one below assume it mounts in a similar fashion the the pic above if that is correct, thin diameter part faces the stub axle backing and the larger diameter part cups the back of the bearing cover on the disc?

191501639A.PNG

Thanks!
    Matt

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Pretty sure the shield is right, as when I've undone the bolts in the past if rotted it looks like a thin washer is on the bolt. That was 6n2 from memory.

Secondly, admittedly I didn't read really in depth, but I remember there being something similar yesterday in @Zender Z20 thread, and how he modified them.

MJA likes this.
  3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

4. MJA

Nice one dodgy i will check it out.

It is a shame the first one is obsolete as is also on Corrado and is needed for reinstall of disc to space from abs sensor! Im sure a machinist could knock it up but difficult without a part in hand

dodgy likes this.
  5. MJA

dodgy likes this.