Rev counter/ fuel pump relay trigger

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Pete17, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Pete17 New Member

Hi folks,
    So, i have a mk2 rocco. It used to be injection years ago now its running carbs and have kust put nodiz igntion ecu and running great.
    Except now that i am running ford coilpack/ wasted spark i have no
    -ve trigger from the coil for my rev counter or fuel pump trigger.

The nodiz does have a 12 tacho output so if i buy a tacho converter box would this work ? And obv use it to trigger fuel relay too?

Hopefully this makes sense
    If anyone has any solutions I'm all ears.
    Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

as its wasted spark you can tap into spark a and b triggers with diodes to get rev counter and fuel relay going:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/megasquirt-rev-counter-fix.214566/

or as you say you can use a mk3/4 tach adaptor box with the ecu output same as the 20v guys do, james e looms, chris bellman and a few other guys on facebook can supply.

woth having a look to see if the nodiz has a fuel relay trigger pin, if it does wire that to d/13 and you can switch to a 67/80/167 fuel relay which are easier and cheaper to get hold of in future. iirc nodiz dont have this but could be wrong. you'll still need one of the above solutions if you wire up a relay trigger wire for your rev counter anyway

if you feel extra brave you can solder in a wire inside the clocks to bypass all the signal processing then they will work direct off a low amp rev counter signal, but not really required the options above are easier and safer

Pete17 likes this.
  3. Pete17 New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    All good stuff.
    Just had a thought... why can i not tap into the hall sensor signal on the dizzy. Does that not work? Cant find any info on it so why doesn't it work?
    Thanks

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dizzy signal is a low amp 5 or 12v pulse similar to ecu output, you need a high amp negative coil trigger pulse

Pete17 likes this.