Rx8, 20vt swap

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Suicide-racer, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Got one of the boost pipes done. Quite happy with it for a first attempt. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to make an exhaust manifold now. Lesson learned about buying a cheap eBay one.
    [:x] [:o)]

Cheers John

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
    Nige likes this.
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

So there is a few of you Rx-20vT guys yes? :o

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

I have a contact who makes the adaptor plates for the conversion 50

CNC Machined 8mm steel

4. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Good to see some of us one here to bounce ideas off of. My plate is made from 10mm. If you could get a price for that size, I'd be interested.

Cheers John

5. Suicide-racer Forum Member

New Exhaust manifold here. Some assembly required. [:-B]
    [​IMG]

Could be a while before it gets done. :cry:
    [​IMG]

Find out on Thursday if it's broken or not.

Cheers John

6. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Started to mess about & mock up the exhaust manifold tonight. Anyone got any pics of longitudinal mounted engine manifolds?
    [​IMG]

Cheers John

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Posted some pictures and a link on your other thread.

8. Schoey2008 New Member

Just looking to start a kit car project using a 5speed rx8 box and the 1.8t Bam engine, any chance you could message me the details of your contact intrested in a conversion plate and if he recommends a flywheel / clutch combo? Thanks for any help Nick

9. Schoey2008 New Member

Just looking to start a kit car project using a 5speed rx8 box and the 1.8t Bam engine, any chance you could message me the details of your contact intrested in a conversion plate and if he recommends a flywheel / clutch combo? Thanks for any help Nick

10. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

The holes on the flange look huge ! Have they been drilled for the tube to sit into ? If so, isn`t that going to make it a lot harder to get a seal against the head ? [:s]

Are you making a collector or have you bought one ? I`d tack that onto the Turbo flange before going further. :thumbup:

What happened to your foot !

11. Brookster

Message this Guy on ebay he did mine he was advertising 20vt plates. message him he will have some in stock although he is not advertising any at the moment .

same person i got mine off .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rx8-6-Spe...747021?hash=item3acb9696cd:g:mQ0AAOSwjVVVo5SK

12. Brookster

TTV Made my custom fly wheel

http://ttvracing.com/

13. Jonny0069 New Member

Hi im new to this site but have been watching since the start of this project and others of the same nature online.
    I am also doing the same project as it happens just got delayed as it's been busy over summer.

I like yours but aren't going to cut the bulkhead as much as im after a show car more than a track car and want to see the handling based on putting the engine in as far as i can without cutting.

My question is I have a long block as that was my thinking all along but I have gotten rid of my block and box and was going to fit the long box with original box then get a new prop or try and fabricate something out of a tt prop as I have one spare and id rather cut the bottom of the car to fit the box than play with the bulkhead.

Did you have a specific reason why you kept the original rx8 box and not use the Audi one or was it just a prop issue.

Also what about fitting a quattro rear axel so engine , box , prop and axel fit together with only fab work needed or would the handling be destroyed just curious if you or anyone here in the know might think about this also what would be best throttle cable or fly by wire as I can do both.

Thanks in advance and really good post hope your leg heals to I can see this finished and get some pointers:-)

14. Jonny0069 New Member

Sorry to make it more clear have got rid of the mazda block and gearbox as I wanted to fit the audi box and prop although get the prop would need to be altered

15. Suicide-racer Forum Member

I'm not sure I quite understand what you want to try & do. What gearbox are you thinking of using? What way do you want to mount the engine?

Cheers John

16. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Thankfully the ankle is all healed up now & I can finally get on with the car. I've not been sitting about doing nothing though.

Last month I got the chance of being part of the pit crew for a super tourer at the super tourers race at knockhill & also part of the crew for the ultima again. To say I was chuffed is an understatement, even although I was still hobbling about.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately one of the BMW cup cars I help with had a small bump & any spare time has been spent repairing that. But worth it finished today & back ready to race this weekend.

[​IMG]

This is the last race of the year, so more time to get the RX8 done.

Cheers John

17. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Managed to get a few bits done. Brackets made for the breather & ABS block. Both fitted. Just waiting on 2 ends to finish the breather pipes. But I'll get the brake pipes done while I wait.

[​IMG]

Cheers John

18. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Been a bit distracted from the project again, missed track too much. So dragged the 3 door out & got it ready for a bit of a play last weekend the weekend

[​IMG]

Finally got the manifold made up, let's hope it works. On to making the intake pipe & boost pipe up. Ends for breathers here too, so let's hope for big progress this week.

[​IMG]

19. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Sorry updates have been so slow guys, just can't get a minute to work on the car just now.

Managed to make a boss & mount the map sensor. Not much,but at least it's a job off the list.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers John

Nige likes this.
  20. Suicide-racer Forum Member

Got some time at last to start mocking up the turbo side boost pipe.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not to sure about it at the moment, would like the turbo outlet a bit shorter.

Cheers John

Sirguydo likes this.