satnav where you can set a route

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by giles_anniversary, Aug 7, 2009.

1. giles_anniversary

giles_anniversary Forum Member

i was wondering if anybody knows of a satnav that you can program your own route into

i just thaught it ould be handy for going out on a drive so you dont have to keep stopping to see wich way to go

2. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

My old TomTom does this, so I'd expect any of the newer ones to do it. It's under Itinerary IIRC.

3. k plate Forum Member

not sure if mine does it but i know i can avoid certain parts of the journey i have set

4. giles_anniversary

giles_anniversary Forum Member

ah ive got a tom tom but its only about a year old

the reason for this is that i went out for a drive around the dales the other day and thaught it would save alot of time if i could use a satnav to follow a pre program'd route

ill have a play with tom tonight see if i can see what your talking about sparrow

5. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I've got a tomtom and if I want it to go a certain way I usually find a midpoint and click "travel via".

Otherwise you can use itinerary planning and put in multiple points to go past.