Schrick 304

Discussion in '8-valve' started by VR6Will, Apr 21, 2004.

1. VR6Will Forum Member

you think it might be a bit too wild in a 2l (3a) BVH 8v??? where would the power cut in and rev to what?? what sort of bhp & torque figures would be expected, i think ianb had 1 on and 8v, correct me if im wrong

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

It would be a bit track orientated...or a true fast road cam on a 2L...certainly a bit flat & lumpy down low

Power from 3K to 6.5K+...The biggest problem is overcomeing the 8v engines' lack of reviness compared to a 16v. Even with a Big Valve Head, the 8v still does not breathe anything like a 16v so it still runs out of puff at the top....especially if its a longer stroke 2L

If you are running digi management you would also need a raised rev limit...

I would fit this cam only if you intend to do a lot of track work & after all other breathing mods....4 branch/flowed t/b & inlet etc etc....then I reckon 160-165BHP

I estimate my car with a TSR 203 (282deg) now makes its peak at 5800-6000rpm. A 304 cam may move this up the range a tad further, but I doubt whether the BHP would be greater & low down torque would suffer...
    Edited by: chrismc

3. VR6Will Forum Member

well now i've got the 3a rebuilt [:D] next stage is to sort the head & cam, will be big valve head, already have flowed inlet and tsr 4-branch so thats not a problem! thought the 304 might be a bit track orientated but..... maybe the schrick 288 maybe better suited! certainly dont want to loose low down torque

chris - did you ever find out if the digi rev limiter can be raised???

Spoke to TSR today about xflowed head and throttle bodies, but to be honest going to be far too expensive really so [:^(]

4. ianb Forum Member

Thats a shame as I saw an 8 valve owned by a British serviceman from Germany who had the late crossflowed head big valves with Badger Bill's TB's and DTA mapping producing top 16 valve power and better torque everywhere......a real 200bhp monster on 8 valves.

Ian

5. set_au Forum Member

Yes it can. And I know how to do it. Requires changing a couple of locations in the EPROM, and then remapping if the rpm change is large. You will also need to raise FPR pressure or put in larger injectors. Again, a remapping will be required.

6. Rallye Forum Junkie

speak to matt at designa dubs, i know both matt and myself have shifted on a few xflow head. Also i know he has a source for manifolds to go on the xflow heads.

7. chrismc Forum Junkie

Im going to TSR on Friday lunch for a blast on the rollers if you fancy coming down for a yarn & a blast in it! ;)

8. VR6Will Forum Member

Excellent, managed to get Friday off so what time you going down then Chris??

9. VR6Will Forum Member

So you think that might be the way to go if staying with 8v then Ian?? was that hydraulic or solid head, TSR said to convert it solid, but is it necessary?? Will get a quote from Badger-Bill for TB's and management and speak to Matt @ DD for head, perhaps if i do my homework may not work out as expensive as i first thought

10. prof Forum Addict

Ask Matt about throttle bodies too,

11. chrismc Forum Junkie

Something around lunchtime. Having a chat with the boys first, then a blast on the rollers. Did 120-122atw last time, so a little bit more than that would be nice!..

I reckon a Schrick 288 would be the ideal road/track compromise for a 2L. Would work great & pull to a std. rev limit (6500). Low down would still be strong but it will have a nice burbly idle.. ;)