Set Ibiza Promotional Rally Car

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by C11PRA DC, Mar 17, 2017.

1. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member

Thought I'd share one of my current projects.

Its a SEAT Motorsport promotional car from the late 90's. Built buy SBG (SEAT Cupra Sport UK) who built/maintained the works cars using a NEW Ibiza GTi 2.0L 16v (ABF) to promote SEATs involvement/success in the F2 World Rally Championships.

They quite literary divided the car in half! - half SEAT Ibiza EVO2 rally car and half standard road car
    Half the standard interior (passenger) has been removed (carpets, seats, belts, trim, parcel shelf!) and replaced with a few rally items for authenticity to include: race bucket seat, genuine carbon footwell plate/brace, fire extinguisher, carbon switch panel instead of glovebox and half genuine roll cage - all exposed paint painted matt black.

External modifications include genuine SEAT Motorsport works steel wide arches (with engine/electric cut offs), half!!! genuine front and rear bumpers, F2 rear spoiler, half genuine front lamp pods and lights, 18" MO rally wheels with huge spacers to fill the arches and all genuine rally vinyl markings/ signage.

The car drives and has ONLY 50 miles - which i presume is on and of trailers.

Its been the subject of much discussion over the years - first being used by SBG themselves, spending time on the SEAT hospitality/promo unit and at at Thomson & Thomson SEAT languishing in their showroom.

I'm 50/50!(lol) with this project - it has huge potential to a return to the road as possible the lowest mileage Ibiza GTi 16v. That was certainly my intention however other priorities my require me to sell it.

When delivered:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prior to purchase:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One VERY! low mileage ABF engine:
    [​IMG]

More soon!

2. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member

I have given the engine some TLC - performing a minor service:

[​IMG]

The engine looks immaculate underneath the factory preservative wax and layer of grime. There's some very light oxidisation on some of the cast parts but I found this wipes away with some light oil. So impressed with the condition - all the the nuts, bolts and zinc coated parts have retained their original finish. I'd like to give the engine a detail but want to make sure I don't destroy the finishes or remove the preservative - it has concours potential.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member

Its use by SEAT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The SEAT advert for its auction:
    [​IMG]

4. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member

Late last year when I need to change the original Pirelli rally tyres that had gone square!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's awesome love it

6. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

Looks good :)

7. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Great concept. Truly a one off never be done again.

8. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member

Thought I'd update you all on how the cars going. Its been stored for a fair while but recently I've given it some love and TLC to get it back to its former glory. I also took it to INTERS2017 at Rockingham which was great to see it out there again - even if it left people bemused! - Sadly though the time has come to sell. Heres some images that are definitely a contrast to when I first got it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. C11PRA DC Paid Member Paid Member