STOLEN Mk2 GOLF GTI JADE GREEN METALLIC Reg G56 ORJ

Discussion in 'Stolen' started by Welshgit, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Welshgit New Member

My bestest little friend who never failed to put a smile on my face was stolen approx. 9:15pm 19:12:16 while visiting family in Wrexham, North Wales for the Christmas period. Happy Christmas my ****!!!!!!
    I have owned the car for 20+yrs, it was my work car, leisure car and I maintained it with affection. Over the passed 12 months or so I have been collecting a refurbishing parts to give her a full makeover next year including a full respray.
    While in Wrexham I aimed to replace the rear calipers with new mk4 ali ones which I had already purchased together with fitting 3 VDO gauges in the radio DIN slot and the associated sensors senders and wiring. These were amongst the parts that were in the car.
    Some of the tools I've had since I was 13 when I first became interested in things mechanical while helping my Dad rebuild his BSA Gold Star. Some of the tools were my Dad's.
    The car was fitted with 15inch BBS cross spoke ali's fitted with Uniroyal Rainmaster Tyres, brilliant in the wet. It also had a full Magnex stainless exhaust with twin silenced tail pipes. The throttle body had been modified in the past and filled top and bottom on the outside of the throttle body with JB Weld.
    The rear VW badge was missing and I put some tape on the inside of the boot to cover the holes.
    Because the headlining had sagged I had removed it.
    The plastic heater controls had been replaced with polished aluminium items.
    Drivers door rubbing strip had been replaced 'for now' with wide, black gaffa tape.
    Now retired I was really looking forward to working on it next year.
    Yes I know it sounds a bit of a dog but wouldn't you after 27yrs on the road. She had only done 122K miles in that time, still returned 40mpg on a fairly regular 160 mile run from Nailsea to Wrexham, used very little oil. She ALWAYS made me smile and I miss her SO much.
    Any information regarding the vehicle, parts or tools would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a wonderful Christmas you lovely people.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
  2. Hxrry Paid Member Paid Member

Horrible to hear this! Hopefully this little car can be found!

Wonder why they went after your Golf :cry:

3. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Really sorry to hear that. One of the mods may be able to cross post this to Facebook to give it coverage there as well. A few Golf thefts recently have been returned so will keep my fingers crossed for you.

4. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

So sorry to hear about your Golf gutted for you, I know I would be if it was mine.

5. Welshgit New Member

YES!!!!!! WHAT A RESULT!!!!!
    Got my GTI back last night after my neighbour saw the car being driven locally, followed it then phoned the police.
    Damage:-
    Drivers side rear window and seal
    Grille and one of the spot lights
    Nearside rear arch trim
    Driver's side warm arm bent and windscreen scratched
    Steering column cowling top and bottom
    Petrol filler cover.
    Alarm and immobiliser wiring butchered.
    It's certainly repairable but I'll probably have to take it to an auto electrician because I'm as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike when it comes to electrics.

I have to say the attitude and the response, including follow up visits, calls and texts from the North Wales Police has been absolutely fantastic. I wish it was the same elsewhere.
    Thanks a lot for your posts and have a great Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  6. Welshgit New Member

I must add, the 4 button steering wheel I fitted a few weeks ago has been totally trashed. WHY?!!!!!!!

And lastly, the approach, the response, politeness and attitude of the North Wales Police has been exemplary. They continued to update me by visits, phone calls and texts. I couldn't have asked any more of them. They were BRILLIANT. Not like one particular force I could mention.
    All the best folks.

7. The ANT Forum Member

Now that is either very bad, good luck or very good, bad luck. Good stuff.

8. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

That is good news you have got it back and in one piece :thumbup:

9. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Great news :thumbup:

10. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Just the right kind of pre Christmas present - result

11. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Glad to hear you have it back, sadly with damage though, why vandalise it though? Pointless

12. Welshgit New Member

Thanks SO much to everyone who has posted a reply, very thoughtful. Your support is genuinely appreciated.
    Need to sort the trashed wiring after it was hot-wired and I'm as much use at electrics as a one legged man in an **** kicking contest. Need to source the plugs and wiring situated at the back of the steering wheel. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I'm sure it won't take too long to get her back on the road and me smiling again.
    I don't have access to a computer where I am based at the moment, I have to use one in the local library hence the delay in posting a reply.
    THE VERY BEST TO YOU ALL FOR BRILLIANT 2017

Rooster, Sirguydo and Nige like this.