Suspension Spring cap part no’s - help please

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Cosmic slop, May 29, 2018.

1. Cosmic slop Forum Member

Hi all,
    I’m now in the position to start replacing the front and rear shocks (Bilstein B4 with 20mm Gmax lowering springs) on my 1995 2.0 8v
    I want to build the new units up so I can remove the old struts and replace with the new units without faffing around. Does anyone know the part numbers of the top Spring caps for front and rear? (Not the top mounts). I’m having trouble finding them.
    Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

up front there are 2 diameters of upper spring plate, do you know if those springs are designed for mk2 golf and early mk3, or late mk3 only? at the back its same regardless 191512113, and dont forget new rubber spring packing 1H0512149. oh and id get new rear bump stops too 1H0512131C. front bump stops generally fine to re-use, but look closely at the front dust covers make sure they are all good

while you're there look at the lower spring cups, make sure the springs sit nice and snug aroudn the shaft. if not they didnt come with the lower packing part number 321512109. your old ones may be ok but new ones are cheap enough from VW