The Cheers Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MUSHY 16V, Jan 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If someone does you a good turn lends you some tools or fix's your car or is just a all round good egg
    say thanks here:thumbup:

ps i blatantly stole this idea and can take no credit for it
    thanks they know who they are ;):thumbup:

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Thank you thank you thank you thank you
    :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
    Need a few more
    :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

MUSHY 16V likes this.
  3. MUSHY 16V

cheers Mike :thumbup:

Sirguydo likes this.
  4. Sirguydo

I don't want to upset people by messing around but it's such good fun lol

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:sorry sorry sorry

Oooooooooh you'll get in trouble making your own thread sticky you cheating moderator that's a major abuse of power and priverlidge its like messing with people's posts lol

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I've got to say a big thanks/cheers to Edd ( Toyotec ) who helped me fit some new valves in my 20v cylinder head last year.

I was tearing my hair out trying to diagnose what was wrong, but straight away he worked out I had a bent valve.

30mins later the head was off and was being worked on, and this was inbetween a regional meet. Has been perfect since. [:D]

Always been a helpful guy, and is always a phone call away, however busy he is. Cheers. :thumbup:

6. G28OPN Forum Member

Cool :thumbup:

Danster, for my 1y diesel crank and for the hours spent on the phone giving me the info and encouragement to build my engine. Cheers mate and watch those turnips up there! lol

NealH, for my jenveys and dta etc. Really nice bloke but still disappointed I didnt get a drive in your miss's car! lol

HPR, for his recommendation and encouragement which was really appreciated and really did come at the right time.
    Cheers mate, you have no idea how greatful I am. :thumbup:

And everyone else who have helped me along the way. Too many to list, but you know who you are. I knew absolutely nothing about Golfs before coming on here. Now I can change a spark plug! [:D] Cheers guys :thumbup:

Sirguydo! Because for me, you have made this forum a little more fun and opened up a good few of the lads to have a bit of banter. I still think you should cut down on your Golfs though. :thumbup:

And CGTI in general for giving me an alternative to FB! :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    HPR and Sirguydo like this.
  7. Dom.joy Forum Member

Probably won't be the first but big thanks to rubjonny. Gave me a lot of helpful advice about removing my air con when I pm'd him out of the blue :)

8. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

X 2 for Rubjonny too :thumbup:

He helped me a hell of a lot over the years, especially with some wiring issues I've had.

Also, the 1.8T loom which he made for me. Mine was one of the first. Was professionally made and has been great ever since.

No problems at all [:D]

9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks to EVERYONE who uses the site and ALL members of Club GTI :thumbup:

Non members, don't forget membership is only 10, this really does help us keep the forum on line [:D]

WillG, HPR, Sirguydo and 6 others like this.
  10. Sirguydo

I'd like to thank all the members and contributors to clubgti :clap:
    Also an extra special thank you to all those who have posted on my numerous threads and given me such excellent advice and aid with my cars :thumbup:
    The list is so long I'm apprehensive about putting names down i case I miss someone out :o:cry:

thanks guys and girls you're what makes golfing so much fun

11. Jommanjo Forum Member

Thanks for the posted advice and contacts. My car is a product of the info on here, I didn't think of any of it myself lol Except maybe the washer bag mounted on the bulkhead in the cab, that may have been me..

Cheers Eddie for sorting the Donington electrical problem and subsequently my entire day :clap:

Cheers rubjonny for the posts over the years, endlessly useful information to help us on our journeys :thumbup::clap:

All those with epic threads of inspiration, Nige and others :thumbup:

Shout to Kev (Seizure) and bro Dunc for guidance and help with the car.

Other great folks too.

12. Craigcorson

Craigcorson Forum Member

I've got to say thank you to rubberjonny for answering my electrical questions constantly, sirguydo for lending me parts at a moments notice and vwp6n for keeping a gearbox for me for 4 months!

Also a thank you to anyone I've missed on here. My car wouldn't be running without you!

Sirguydo likes this.
  13. MUSHY 16V

Toyotec for all has work over the last two years
    And all the running about he dose of the club
    Don't know where you get the time and energy from Eddie

14. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

big thank you to all the knowledgeable members on here and many other forums, without you guys I'd never be in the position I am now!

Big thanks to all of the cgti staff both present and past, who have worked over the years to make cgti what it is today and are now putting in huge amounts of work to keep it active today despite the strong pull of Facebook away from the traditional forum format :thumbup:

Thanks to all the regional hosts keeping their locals interested, and thanks to all those who put work in to organise the various events and trackdays, and all the guys who put the effort in to travel across the country to various events to spread the cgti presence!

too many guys to list individually, but thank you to you all [>[:D]

15. YOE

Yoe New Member

A big thanks to Rubjonny , great knowledgable advice . Still think you need to go mobile tho