tracking down my old car

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by craig vw mk3 guy, Aug 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. craig vw mk3 guy New Member

Hi to all, ime new to this site and just wonderd if anyone hear know the ware abouts of CFC 256Y my old black golf gti mk1. It was a standard 1.6 but was fitted with a 1.8t engine by the last known owner. If anyone knows if she is still about I would love to hear from them.

2. vr6smith Forum Member

3. craig vw mk3 guy New Member

Thank for your reply. Looks like it may have gone to the scrapyard in the sky otherwise it would be sorn if off road, what a shame wish I never sold her

4. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome to Club GTI :thumbup:

It could always be gathering dust in a garage.

5. craig vw mk3 guy New Member

Maybe, would love to no if its still about I sold the car in 2009 one of the biggest mistakes I made. For anyone who has a mk1 golf never sell it. Unless you have my old car then please let me buy it back.

6. Buggirl

Buggirl Forum Member

I really feel for you as I sold my first ever car, my 1966 beetle and life was not the same for a good 7 years! Back in 2012, by complete chance, I saw her for sale on a forum and although she is not on the road currently, she is back where she belongs with me! I only found her because people kept an eye out for me due to me posting posts like your on every forum I could think she would be seen on! Keep looking, there is still hope!

7. craig vw mk3 guy New Member

Well thats good news you found your old car hope you get it back on the road soon. I think with old cars it sometimes the memories that make the car valuable to you. The strange thing is I bet everone has a car that they would like to own again for the second time. Like a long lost friend.

Buggirl likes this.
  8. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome hope you manage to find you mk1 to
    I scrapped mine 8 years ago worst thing I ever did

Will get another one sometime