Turn signal switch with cruise- wrong pn?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by davidut5, Jun 12, 2020.

1. davidut5 Forum Member

Etka says 535953513A is for models with cruise. Gave a search on autodoc for that pn and came up with 1196201800 from jp group, the picture is without cruise but in the description is listed with cruise.
    I gave them an email and they confirmed for 535953513A the jp group part is compatible, but everywhere i go is the same pic without cruise.
    Searching the web i found another pn for the cruise stalk 535953513b but this is not in etka.
    https://www.autodoc.co.uk/jp-group/8177869

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

£15 with cruise control!? The cheapest one I could find was on eBay.de and was £300!

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

535953513A is definitly the cruise control stalk, so the JP group listing is obviously incorrect. 535953513b comes up for mexico passat cruise stalk, I guess it fits the same but has some kind of difference on the lettering maybe

4. rubjonny

5. davidut5 Forum Member

Yes should be fine either one, thanks.
    Why are these so rare?
    I wonder, if i can find a ce1 stalk no hazards, and replace the buttons with the lever on the ce2 stalk, or fit the mk3 stalk with the huge hazards button.

6. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As finding a CE1 cruise control stalk is almost impossible (I’ve not seen one for sale)

I’m going to make up a little card with the buttons or maybe mount them in one of the spare dash blanks, along with my haldex controller.

7. davidut5 Forum Member

Controls have to be on the stalk for me, even if i have to fit some microswitches on there.
    I had a mk3 stalk but cannot find it anywhere, i believe this is the route ill take.

8. rubjonny

someone recently modded their ce1 wiper stalk with a ce2 mfa button so the cruise stalk should also be possible, the ends of the chunky stalks do pop off its just usually the support frame for the button board is missing in the non-mfa stalks. nothing a bit of dremel work on the ce2 stalk and gluing into the ce1 stalk wont solve.

a mk3 stalk is totally different fitment so wont swap, but the end could be swapped over though it wont look right

9. Simon Peter Dodgson Forum Member

That was me haha. Many hours with a dremel and glue! Satisfying though!

10. davidut5 Forum Member

I bought the part, if its wrong ill send it back.

11. davidut5 Forum Member

Off course it is the wrong part, we exchanged a lot of emails even talked to them on the phone. The phone guy said he will check the problem and come back to me.
    Now i dont know what to do, keep it for modifying with some micro switches or send it back.
    I will probably return it as it feels very cheap and it is.

12. rubjonny

send it back, if it feels cheap then it probably is. I bought a pattern mfa stalk a while ago and took it off within a week as the plastic was too week and flimsy feeling. kept it for spares, and the mfa buttons did work so thought might be able to fix a genuine MFa stalk at some point with it. possibly insert a strip of steel into the back of the slot to give it some strength. but my genuine stalk has lasted me ever since so doubt I'll ever have to mess about :lol:

13. davidut5 Forum Member

These guys are crazy! They want me to pay for shipping back, they say the part fits cars with cruise but part description doesnt say it has cruise. I gave them the oem number they said this is compatible and now its my fault.
    Will resolve somehow.
    I mean pic 1 is the same as pic 2?

Attached Files:

14. davidut5 Forum Member

They gave my money back and said i could keep the stalk. This is not what i wanted, i really wanted a cruise stalk.
    On their store if you search cruise stalk vw part number, it pops up the same stalk i got. So nobody cares on their side about that.