Urgent help before i go mad......roof antenna

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by watercooled, Feb 12, 2014.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Doing stereo install and can't get a signal from antenna,Blaupunkt won't tune and I have 2 aerial wires to choose from [:s],one is under the carpet lefthand side and the other is behind the dash with amplifier power supply wire,could someone tell me where it is normally in the Corrado,I'am presuming the one in the dash is to the windscreen ? (which has been replaced recently) ,is this the add- on one?
    Connected genuine inline amp into wire coming up from the carpet and no result there.
    I have to do my sunroof @ some stage but don't want to drop the rear headlining to do a trace as yet.
    The inline amp and headunit tuned perfectly when I had it in my 944 with beesting aerial.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so your car has an aerial on the roof and another one on the wing? are the cables different colours, if so look behind the trims on the C pillar or behind the boot carpet see if you can see the roof aerial wire coming down back there

3. watercooled Forum Member

Just the one on the roof as per original,one cable is under the footwell carpet on the lh side and was tucked up above the centre console not connected when I got the car,the other looks to be the original as it was located directly behind the headunit,it has the grey foam cover as per other underdash wiring.
    Both are black aerial cable ,both won't work much,1 or 2 stations that are local but very weak signal.
    Looks like the rear headlining is coming down to check....bugger.