Valve Stem Seal replacement - KR

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Southside, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Southside Paid Member Paid Member

The parts have finally arrived today

Attached Files:

2. Southside Paid Member Paid Member

Sorry for the late reply I've got an update

I've finally managed to get the cylinder head back onto the block and it's all connected back up. BUT it doesn't start now.

The battery had gone flat so a mate of mine charged it up but it's still doesn't want to play ball. The Sterling immobiliser is giving me grief so I might need to remove that but this is doing my head in. @rubjonny has been helping me with trying to get the car working but I need to do some more testing. The isv buzzes, I can smell fuel on the plugs, engine turns but I'm not getting a spark me thinks.

How do I check the plugs are getting a spark?

Also, the ground wires, can somebody tell me where these wires are and where they go?

TIA

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you have the main battery cable which goes to the gearbox, later cars it goes to a stud on one of the 2 top bolts holding gearbox to engine. you should have main fusebox earth to the battery negative in the headlight loom. from the engine loom you have 1 earth to head from fusebox for the clocks, another to the head from the ecu, and an earth to the battery from the spark module. these are the main ones you need for the car to start