VR6 (Auto) CE2 into Mk1

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by bonus85, Apr 11, 2019.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

alrighty pull the plugs and have see what they look like. check the leads are tip top, clean out the throttle body and just check over the inlet system end to end looking for splits. have a look for the earth points on the engien block make sure they're all clean, either the side or the front depending on age.

fuel rail should self bleed, but it may be worth doing an injector test to make sure they're all ok, friend of mine had all 6 injectors dead on his 24v project :lol:

in vagcom check thru the ecu measuring blocks to see what the sensors are telling you, air flow in grams per second is worth a look, coolant temperature, engine rpm etc see if anything looks off.

2. bonus85 Forum Member

The beast lives! Thanks for all the tips

caddy 14x8.jpeg

Well sorta. Its off to Powerflow near me for the manifold back pipe, silencer and the lambda. I'm hoping that will help the idle, its pretty rough and very sensitive on the throttle, no power whatsoever. I don't want it to be the coilpack...

The wipers go down up, down up not up down up down [|)] so I need to flip the wires

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

sounds more like the wiper linkage needs adjustment to me, reversing the motor wont help if they sweep down then up again.

take the linkage off the motor spindle, rotate the linkage till the wipers are at the bottom of the sweep, refit linkage. remove and refit wiper arms if required