VR6 OBD1 to OBD2 Turbo Setup

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by TurboWarrior, Jul 8, 2017.

1. TurboWarrior New Member

I have a VR6 Running OBD1 but I'm running out of fuelling for the turbo.. so I've got a lot of conversion parts for the OBD2 my question is what do I do with the Dizzy? obviously going from dizzy to a coil pack!

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Any of the ECUs can be made to run the car. Be it M2.7, M2.9.1 or the later M3.8.1 ECU. There is no OBD1 or 2 in the European region.
    You just have to find folk who actually understand the differences in the controls and sort you out with a good calibration.

3. TurboWarrior New Member

Apparently the chap has brought all OBD2 Parts and they need going to run the turbo properly.

Ill be doing everything myself.. One of the ECU's is already socketed

0261 203 968/696 - I do believe this is the M3.8.X ?

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

If the chap has convinced that a M3.8.1 bosch controller is required to run a turbocharged 12v VR 'properly' then sadly I cannot help you dude.

5. TurboWarrior New Member

I haven't got a clue.. I've just purchased the car.. I don't no much about other than there's 6 different ecu's in the car. A new loom, and other bits to convert it to OBD2

I'm not 100% On how the VR setup work's I'm a type of 1.8T guy.. This is purely just a project that I want to wrap my head around.. It was running on low boost with a FPR..