Vw Scirocco R Line Problem

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by 2011golfgti, Nov 12, 2021.

1. 2011golfgti Paid Member Paid Member

I have a Volkswagon Scirocco R Line 2.0 Diesel, the problem i have is the im not getting heat from the heating system its always cold to luke warm, the air conditioning is working perfectly, the pipes are hot going into the back of the dashboard. Would it be the small radiator beside the dashboard or is it some sort of a sensor that goes faulty in them?
    I changed the thermostat OEM thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't.

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

May be similar, but I have a mk3 leon 2.0 tdi 184 , and I started losing some coolant in, looking at stuff on the Internet obvious suggestions were head going porous, gasket failure, etc, also what came up was people on about cold heaters and seems there was trouble with the heater element blocking on them, can't remember how exactly, but think they internally failed, and may have had a recall.
    My coolant loss was due to the dpf regeneration, got so hot that it boils the coolant off. Dpf solution instigated along with a remap sorted it, luckily not hgf.

Just had quick look on net and reminded of something like a silicone bag in header tank splitting and it collected in the element blocking it, apparently mk7 golfs suffer too.

3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member