Weber 32/36

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by greavsy, Oct 16, 2016.

1. greavsy New Member

Morning. New member here, just been reading through the Carb section and i'm thinking of converting my Jetta to a Weber 32/36 DMTL. Any thoughts ? Anyone got one of the said Carbs for sale ? Thanks Kev.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if the current 2e2 carb is ok and the engine is relatively standard there is no need. if the 2e2 is playing up and you're struggling to fix it or have put some serious modification into the engine then weber is the way to go.

heres my 2e2 guide if you need it anyway:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?124945

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

good simple swap , reliable and easy to tune etc

as said if the orig one is working as it should then there wont be much benefit

4. greavsy New Member

Thanks for your replies. I can't get the original to idle under 1500 rpm. After doing some reading I understood the 2e2 to be rather troublesome so thought a swap would be in order. I'll give it another go..

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

main thing with the 2e2 is spares are harder to come by these days. not liek way back in 03 when I was fixing mine up there woudl be 2 or 3 mk2s in the scrappy with 2e2s in I could pillage :lol: