Weber DCOE or jenvey ITB spacers for air inlet side, who supplies them?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Jon Olds, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Need some of these 115mm long. Started making them, but now wondering if something off the peg is available. dcoe trumpt spacer.JPG

2. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Thanks, looked, couldn't see anything
    Jon

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Know anyone with a 3d printer?

5. PhilRyder

6. PhilRyder

You couldn't 3d print these, they would melt.

7. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Are they onto the head or before the carbs Jon?

8. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

On the cold side of the carbs (non head side). Basically its an 8V in a mk1 with the mega short Jenvey bodies. I have 90 degree sorg trumpets to take the air intake to vertical. On top of the sorgs will be an airbox/filter housing right hard up near the wiper motor. The 115mm extension bit I need is to extend from the inlet of the throttle bodies to the Sorg's. I think I need a piccy........here
    So Ive started making ali 8 flanges 6mm thick, ordered some 2" OD ali tube 3mm wall and will probably make an arse of trying to weld it together.....
    Jon
    Basically on the mk1 8V getting any volume into the airbox area is always a mare, I am trying soemthing different here. Any no, I can't run without filtration

9. PhilRyder

Aha, that makes more sense.

10. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Holy thread revival;
    mk1 inlets work in progress.JPG
    This was work in progress December last year, the full install is now complete and I'm quite happy with it. Don't laugh at the alloy welding, Ive only just bought the welder and am still finding my feet.
    Reason I have posted this is the age old mk1 8V problem of how to get an airbox/filters down the back of a non X flow.
    Matt (who bought my old lightweight mk1 racer) were having this conversation last night (again) and some piccies of
    how others have achieved this would be very helpful.
    The issues: close proximity of master cylinder (non servo), run of clutch cable, closeness of bulkhead. The application we are discussing is twin sidedraft webers with long trumpets.
    Anybody care to share?
    Jon

11. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

We run pedal boxes and mod the clutch pedal to pull the cable down through the bulkhead, but you still can't get filters in the bloody things Jon!....or at least not with trumpets and a filter type that goes over them.
    I'd have thought in your application though you'd be allowed to make a big airbox set into the bulkhead surely?...like a mini with a dcoe.

The only other way is an airbox of some sort with the base that bolts on with the carbs on the misabs, has some turned up edges along the length of the carbs, then a lid that drops on and fixes down to those edges and drops snug down the bulkhead, with a filter in the top. The lid would then need some top support...off the cam cover maybe?

Sealing the lid perfect is going to be the issue, but better than no filtration at all in dusty type use.