What dizzy for 2L 8v conversion?!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by JamesB, Jul 20, 2005.

1. KR MAN Forum Member

Just make sure the 2E dizzy has the four trigger windows, I was supplied what I was told was a 2E dizzy for my conversion but it only had one trigger window - hence it only fired on one cylinder.

2. justadub Forum Member

i dont know if this will help but over here we use this exsting 2.0 dizzy with msd ignition and timing cumputer with fixed curved works really well no joke

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Justadub... more explanation needed, mate! Have you got a link to a more detailed description?

4. justadub Forum Member

sorry i was half asleep what i was saying is that say i went to buy a 3a block with

the 3a dizzy in it instead of changeing gears and all that other stuff i just wire a

msd 6al and fixed curve timing computer wat this does is tie into the hall sender

it advances and retards the dizzy for u there dizzy woes sovled no searching for

the right dizzy just use the one in the block u already have i do belive this is why

the cars i build can handle the big shots they can i hope this helps some ill try to

find a diagram on the net to post i dont have a way to download mine on the puter or go to summitracing.com

but i can walk anyone through it the msd is a ignition amp [8D]p.s please forgive my typing

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  5. ThE_gOg Forum Member

i would be very intersested in this too as i'm doing a 3a conversion myself at the moment.

can you use this on a mk1 8v k-jet though??

some pics or diagrams would be great

cheers

TG:)

6. justadub Forum Member

yes it works even better on mk1 since there is no knock sense anyway you need a

way to advance or retard timing rite well that is just wat it does im still looking for

a diagram for you guys but u can look it up on msdignition.com i think.but basic theory is u wire the 6al wires into the icu

then the timing computer wires up to the coil and hall

sender via the 6al ign.amp u will need an adpter for the mk1 its sort of like a

crossover for a set of seperates (tweeter and

midbasswoofers)so the fuel pump will run or u can hook

the fuelpump up to a toogle switch though i would not

the timing puter wont work without the 6al

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  7. SMD 8VGTI New Member

can anyone tell me the bosch number for the 2e dizzy just wont to check i have the right one

8. SMD 8VGTI New Member

2e dizzy

can someone please confirm the 2e dizzy number
    i have one with a part number is 037905205q is this right