Who listens to Drum n Bass...

Discussion in 'Music' started by DarkMK2, May 2, 2006.

1. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Dude! I have that album and its fooooooking wicked!!! especially cd2, not one half-decent tune on there.... all of 'em are just banging!!! Mixed back2back with two of the all time greats of the business really do the album proud... some top class mixes in there. And the way they blend the old skool tunes with the new, just a perfect easy listening jungle album IMO Oh one last thing, track 7 of CD2, iirc, called His Imperial Majesty by Tribe of Issachar ft. Top cat, i had never ever heard it before buying this album, and by joe is it an awesome track!!! Dirty heavy bass line... your kinda thing, mk2madman?

Another fairly recent jungle album i really like, Drum n Bass Essentials -DJ Hype :clap: oh my good you havn't heard decent scratching till you heard this! Again only one or two poor tunes, IMO.

:lol: i was thinking... no wonder i havn't seen then anywhere

Whats with the naming of the videos then?[:s]

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  2. mothy Forum Member

i was into dnb when it was an underground scene & loved mc's..

now dont listen to dnb 100% like used to - hardcore anyone :lol:

but its nearly the only music that makes the hairs on my arms & neck stand up in memory of some wicked times..

also what a cool music - a style to suit any mood your in ever

3. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

I have to agree with DEAKO the musics good the MC's are bad thats what put me off DnB clubs and too much nose candy [xx(] but good tunes used to see groverider ,fabio, peshay ,etc back in the day @METALHEADS blue note 10 years ago SSSWWWEEETTT :lol: showin my age its all too fast for me now I inna dubwise now [:D]

GWAN LADS GET DOWN BLA BLA BLA!![8D]

4. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Anyone go to the first EVER ONE NATION at the Opera House, Bournemouth last friday???

If you didnt, shame on you! It was probably the start of a DnB revolution in bournemouth.... or something, it was a turning point anyway!

The line up was: Main arena - Goldie, DJ Hype, Mampi Swift, Friction, Fresh, Simon Bassline Smith, Nicky Blackmarket, Subfocus, Fluid mc's - skibadee, eksman, Shabba d , GQ,Det, Foxy

The little back room(normally cocoshabeen - dnb) also had DnB all night too. It was from 9-5am, and for just 15!! cant go wrong there![:D]

5. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Nice lineup..... old subfocus is getting about a bit these days aint he?!

6. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Yes he is actually, and his set was at 11 so was one of the more 'memorable' sets [:$] :lol: and i was actually well impressed!! Played a moving set with loads of young tunes with all the classics of this year and some stuff i had never heard. He was a good warm up for Mampi and Eksman!!:)

7. Andy T New Member

DnB has been on the up in the music world at th mo due to th likes of Pendulum and thanks to DJs like Zane Lowe and Annie Mac. Anyone from up north (especially manchester) though should check out Unity Radio and listen to Dougy B and Rich on a sunday.

8. Admin Guest

i remember the days of GQ and Moose

9. DarkMK2 Forum Member

i know its MAD!! 5-10 years ago you would have to go out your way to listen to it, now its seems impossible to avoid it!! (that could be due to my age tho...[:$] )

Jon P, you would have loved friday night then, GQ was on form!! was on with subfocus:)

10. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

GQ is still a stormer TBH:)