wilwood dynalites and what disc?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by racer66, Jul 15, 2011.

1. racer66 Forum Member

I have wilwood dynalite on the race car, with 280mm discs. I assume these are g60 but want to check before I purchase some new ones. The mounting holes are 4x100 and 5x100 multi on the discs, but are enlarging causing the disc to have movement on the wheel studs :eek:

The calipers are mounted on hispec brackets, and what I have read this is the old set up before hispec did their own calipers.

iirc the depth from hub outer face to disc face is 35mm is this about right for std 280x22mm g60 discs?

next thing is, did anthing with 2 piece rotors ever get made in this fitment? Would like to save a little unsprung weight if possible.

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

3. racer66 Forum Member

Thanks Chris, I will keep an eye on threads and see if a manufact has started anything now.

So are they just std g60 though, I'm not too fussed on the 2 piece right now, just getting some discs with smaller bolt holes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. racer66 Forum Member

Well I brought g60 280mm discs from ebc. And they don't fit, the disc offset is wrong for the caliper bracket. So I need to work out the discs used with wilwood and hi spec brackets. The old ones have a much deeper centre hat if that makes sense, meaning the discs sit further inboard. Anyone else got wildlife and know what 280mm discs are used.

5. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

I was reading about Richard Vale's Polo G40 hillclimb car and he has Willwood's although they look like Midilights like mine. Anyway he says he thought they were G60 discs originally but they turned out to be Rover 220 Turbo discs, 285mm dia. Might be worth a look.

6. benny Forum Member

7. racer66 Forum Member

Cheers will check out those alternatives tomorrow. I spoke to rally and design and the kit has been out of production for many years. Let's hope something else fits!

I have just been reading that audi 80 280mm discs are the right offset and thickness. But wrong centrebore. Will trawl that site for discs with similar dimensions. 22mm thick 32mm from hat to disc face. 4x100. Sure there is something or I change the bracket thickness so the g60 ones fit the wilwood. Think this is a bracket Chris Ayre mad from trawling some old posts.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  8. benny Forum Member

There might be better sites than that one, could've been brembo now I think about it :lol:

Check out all the big manu's as I remember getting results a lot easier than that last time I looked - though it still made my head spin after a while!!

9. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

There is something odd here. The kit Rally Design used to do, with the brackets Hi Spec used to make, are exactly what I use today. I use G60 280mm 4x 100 discs.

10. racer66 Forum Member

Unless I'm on mk2 hubs? Will measure bracket gap. Maybe I had a different I spec bracket for some other discs in the past. Will see if I can either track down the right bracket for the wilwood and G60 discs or find out what these disc are from. Rover 220 T are out and so are Vectra from 'the book'.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  11. racer66 Forum Member

Well looks like the discs sent by ebc are wrong. Even though they are stamped up with usr480, the height of the disc is only 17mm and should be 40mm, which would give me the correct offset to the caliper.

Will have to see what happens when I get a proper set of G60 discs and how they align up..

12. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I agree, these certainly did not look like G60 discs today - the bit around the centre is wrong and the offset was further inwards:

[​IMG]

13. danster Forum Addict

That is a lot of offset to the disc. I am surprised the inside of the disc is not touching the mounting lugs for the oem calipers. Maybe they fit inside the ID of the disc bell?

Got any pics of the face where the wheel bolts on? The way the discs are held to the drive flange could be a tell to their origins.

14. racer66 Forum Member

I will take some pics tomorrow when cleaning the disc and wheel from the gearbox oils! the std lugs are still there and the extension bracket bolts to those. Think its a case of pics will do the explaining tomorrow...