Wire Identification Help

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Matt-T, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Matt-T New Member

Hi All,

Engine 1.8T AGU

I have found two wires with spade connectors on the end that i can't find a component for.
    The wires come out of the loom on the gearbox side of the head by the water flange.

Wires are Red/Green and the other Black/Brown.

Everything in that general area is plugged in so i am a bit stumped, the only thing removed from the car was the A/C system.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

sounds like reverse switch to me, are they bundled together in a 2 core cable

3. Matt-T New Member

I am 99% sure they do, i am not with the car at the minute so will need to check.
    There is already a grey plug on the reverse switch (i think) so chances are that could be in the wrong place!

I am slowly working through the bodges - one at a time [:[]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020
  4. rubjonny

once you have 10 posts you'll be upgraded to proper account, then you can upload images to the forum.

for google images if you click the picture icon in the link to get a full screen image then right click the image and click 'copy image address' then you can hot link it :)

is this a converted car or an original mk4?

5. Matt-T New Member

Thank you for your help.

The car is a Mk4 but it wasn't originally a 1.8T, the engine,box,ecu & loom came from a 98' A3.
    There has been a lot of 'bodgery' and i am slowly working through everything to ensure it is as it should be.

The only image i have at the minute is that one above, i can get a better look at the weekend once i am with the car.

6. rubjonny

right, box is earlier type if the car was later the reverse plug wouldnt have fitted the switch hence bodgery. whats the wire colours on the grey plug?