Worst car you have driven or owned

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dragonfly, Mar 19, 2021.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Corsa D 1.2 which I borrowed from a mate once. Allegedly 79 HP, felt like 7.9. 3 up on the motorway you didn't really need cruise control because you could drive flat out and not speed, and if you hit a hill it would struggle to do 65. Aux belt tensioner also went from silent, to grumbling to sat on the side of the road with no belt in the space of about 100 miles.

I also remember it having the most bizarre feeling brakes and being able to stand on the floor through the engine bay because there so little in there :lol:

2. MarcusTheCarGuy New Member

It is the Renault Logan that my dad gave me many years ago. At the beginning it was pretty good as my first car, it did the job great, but after some years it malfunctioned. The brakes were so used that one day I couldn't stop the car and hit the corner of a neighborhood house so hard that I don't know how I'm still alive after that, at least the airbag system was working well haha. Anyways I had a scrap car collection company collect if for me, they did the job fast and totally free. Now I've got myself a Toyota Land Cruiser SUV, and I'm in love with it. It is totally the most comfortable car that I ever owned, hope that it will not break like the Renault Logan.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  3. mk2 nas Paid Member Paid Member

Peugeot 806 8 seater people carrier what was I thinking.didnt even have a big family
    Just the four of us.and 4 spare seats lol.
    But thought itll be good to double up as a work car.removing the back bench I thought would be handy for work.but the seat was a ballache to remove weighed shedloads to.
    Awfull to drive.had more body roll than anything ever driven.and a good gust of wind of passing a lorrie was a scary experience.
    Kept 1 month and sold it to a taxi firm so it could be abused properly as it was all it was good for.p.o.s.

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is the worst vehicle I’ve driven. No brakes, crap steering, oil leaks, knackered chains. But it’s got sideshift!

02938349-9BAD-43B6-B0FB-EC0B3C89E441.jpeg

Welcome to all plant in Saudi Arabia.

dodgy likes this.
  5. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Should have tried the 4 way reach truck I used to drive, you stood on the pedals and my clown feet stuck out the back, broke one in 4 places due to that, and steering was chain driven, sloppy as custard.
    Plus electric with lethargic batteries.

6. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

O
    Sounds exactly like our reach truck at work!! Which never gets used because we have forklifts and a 10t overhead crane.

7. v8rumble Paid Member Paid Member

Citroen AX like driving a biscuit tin on wheels

citroen.jpeg

dodgy likes this.
  8. erreesse New Member

An Audi 80 TDi (B4): It was the first batch of water based/solved free painted galvanized audi´s, a simple touch with a fingernail and you had "white zones" in the green metallic. HP fuel lines broke and the bonnet insolation was soaked with diesel. 10 seconds no brakes after start-up. Door on drivers side hang down. Plastic cover of the seat fell off. When heavy breaking the right backrest of rear seats clapped forward. The (big) glove box went down wile driving over a bump. The electromagnet for the fuel tank cover was not in placed, but connected and lying around in the boot under the carpet. Speedometer showed wrong or no indication. 3 weeks after awful repaint, the paint looses again. After 18 months I was pissed off, but the dealer was not interested to sell me a new (80 Avant) car with the condition to take over the 80.

Last edited: May 27, 2021