Front door speakers MK2 golf

Discussion in 'ICE' started by John A, Feb 18, 2022.

1. John A Forum Member

Hiii

So upgraded most of the ice in the golf
    Alpine head unit my original one from the 90s! Awesome! A alpine 10"sub in the boot and the car came (I know) jbl 6x9 cut (arrgggh) into the parcel shelf upgraded 6 x 4 I the sides and upgraded dash speakers, although It has no door speakers and u really miss the sound from the front, so was thinking of putting some 5" mid woofers in the doors not components, I have way enough treble but really miss that mid range bass, has anyone done this running of an amp in kinda wondering if the door pockets are up for holding the weight as they are or will modification be required as I imagine there would be a lot of vibration.

And tips or info welcomed.

2. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Not done it myself, but could you not get the door pockets that take the speakers and fit what you want in them?

3. John A Forum Member

That was my thinking but in the last mk2 I had with them they just didn't seem strong enough to hold speakers was going for some 5" mid sub with big magnet so there would be some weight there, decided to strengthen up the door pockets with some composite to make the speakers sit better and make my own grill cover should look alright .

4. John A Forum Member