PS3 Nissan Academy 2012

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by shaggyjh, May 21, 2012.

1. shaggyjh Forum Member

Has anyone downloaded (free) this yet from the Playstation store and had a go?

I only stumbled across it yesterday and had had a go at it this evening, after finally downloading it and then installing it!

The setup is very much like getting the licenses in the main GT5 game. I manage to get in the top 25,000 :lol: for all the tests, with golds in each test. It seems they only unlock a new set of tests every week.

If only i could improve by 24,984 places i could get a track day :p

My username if anyone wants to add me as a friend on there: shaggyjh

2. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

i have, i havd to create a uk account as we do not get GT Academy here is OZ :(
    only doing to get the free cars at the end :)

3. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

Thought I was doing quite well when it first launched a few weeks ago as I was getting 1500th place ish on the Leaf and Silivia tests, I've now dropped to 237,000th ish :lol:.
    I dont have GT5 though, and haven't played prologue for ages.

4. Rayhoop Paid Member Paid Member

I went to a Nissan Owners Club meet @ Nissan HQ a couple of weeks back. They had arranged a chance to talk to the Nissan Race team engineers/designers/drivers. I got talking to Jan (the lad who won last year)... he is loving racing for Nissan. He was preparing to go to university to study furniture design... and landed a contract to race for Nissan by winning the challenge (and going through a racing boot camp/training school).

I had a go at a PS3 challenge Nissan had set up whilst I was there - I was so pants compared to the competition that I erased the thought of downloading the GT5 GT Academy! But.. if there are free cars available at the end.. I might just give it a go!

I must say - considering the event at Nissan was free, it was quite well catered for. Small selection of cars to look at. Friendly Nissan engineers/drivers to talk too. Pretty decent spread of food. Some interesting Nissan owners and Magazine journalists to talk to. However, as with any meet - there are bound to be a few fruit cakes... and apparently there were a few GTR owners who were too big for their boots! Not that I bumped into any, the few I chatted to were normal people.

5. shaggyjh Forum Member

Well it's the last couple of days/weeks of this competition. How's anyone doing?

I'm about 450th in the final full lap time trial, but that's in the UK! Started off about 2000th so not bad. Need to shave about another 1.3 secs off my time to be in with a chance of anything. Anyone else praying they can get better and give the day job up for a life of racing cars lol

6. LukaszGti

LukaszGti Paid Member Paid Member

What times are you doing shaggyjh?I`m 124x(or was) down and in 1.34.5s a lap I think.

7. shaggyjh Forum Member

My best time at the moment is 1.33.4s. Still over a second off the lead time lol