road angels and the like

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by robertnes, Oct 29, 2005.

1. robertnes Forum Member

need to get one these, which is best:

origin B2, snooper evoloution or road angel 2 ???

sick of looking at comparison charts and so on, does anyone actually have one of these what are they like?

cheers!

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Origin B2 needs to be hardwired.

Road Angel 2 is portable.

Both are very highly rated, but you can get the Road Angel 2 cheaper. Not got any experience with the Snooper.

BTW. For a fraction of the cost you can get a PDA sat nav setup, and install the speed camera location database onto it.
    Edited by: Deako

3. robertnes Forum Member

would rather not have it wired in, prefer portable. Road angel compact seems alright, 250 quid including laser detection.

4. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Road Angel! gets my vote!

ive got the classic one, top stuff!

5. gillm

gillm ***** User

i have a b2 and it is very good , i also have a second car kit so i can swap it from car to car (99 extra)road angel is aslo a good bit of kit a mate has one and swears by it , as for sat nat systems with locations on them they are not that good (or mine is not that good) not very loud , only tells you there is a camera etc there but not if it is on your side of the road , and mine aslo picks them up from too far away , i.e you have to wait a few mins to be on top of it .

i would say go for the b2 but it could be pricey with 2 cars . so you might be better off with a road angel

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Interesting to see thread back about all this.

I can't work out whether any of them have radar detection (as distinct from laser). I thought radar scatter was much more, hence it's useful to have if it's being waved around in your general direction.

Also the B2 hard wire thing confuses me - I think GolfGirl said a while back that they had to be hard wired. But the B2 brochure says its portable (or words to that effect).

Also can't quite tell the diff between RA2 and RA compact, side from the 150 you save for the latter.

Halfools have got the RA 2 at 350 at the moment.

7. robertnes Forum Member

This website:
    http://www.radar-detectors.co.uk/radar_detector_comparison.a sp

says that b2 is DIY install rather than portable. Ive got two cars so need portable and dont want to pay more than i have to.

Cant see much difference between RA2 and RA compact (apart from RA2 having a compass, 150 quid for a compass? or did i miss something?)

Think it will have to be the RA compact

8. gorilly Forum Member

NOOOO get an Acer N35 from www.ebuyer.co.uk

its a full SAT NAV gps system, plus a PDA, then all you have to do is load up the speed camera database... plus it has a great game called jawbreaker on it!!