Spitting problems

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by ryanbob1234, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ryanbob1234 New Member

Hi again :)

Got a 1.6 vento with the abu engine and is spitting like you wouldnt belive earlier it stalled from spitting and wouldnt turn over was not good at all.

Does anyone have any idea's to why its spitting?

Changed the distubuter cap and it made it alot smoother but its still spitting, ordered some new ht leads and gonna get a roter arm is there anything else i missed?

2. danster Forum Addict

Spitting. Do you mean misfiring?

I have seen the distributors on these engines wear badly on the main shaft where the rotor arm fits. It might be worth checking there is no play by trying to wiggle the shaft. Check the rotor arm for pitting or cracking too.

3. ryanbob1234 New Member

Replaced the htleads and the disputer cap and the roter arm now the car turns over and turns off after 2 seconds as the idle drops

4. ryanbob1234 New Member

BUMP Got the car fixed turned out the mechanic put the ht leads the wrong way around -_- knew I should of done it my self.

Still need help im driving along and it splutters is fine one second then splutters then fine then splutters, when the engine is cool it's not soo bad but when it warms up it gets worse.

Need help asap

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011