Trouble code N126 - bringing the fan on

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by andyrob, May 9, 2011.

1. andyrob New Member

Hi guys, Ive got a problem with the engine on my mk5 gti, its bringing the fan on even when the engine is cold. The cars drives as normal and all fluids are correct (and it hasnt used any).

Just yesterday the EML came on so I asked my friend to take a look at it, the trouble code he got was : 00280 differential lock valve 2- N126 lower limit reached intermittant.

The code seems bizarre given that I was expecting something to do with a temp sensor??

Any body able to shed any light on this??

Thanks in advance, Andy Rob

2. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

My friends wife bought her MK5 to me to have a look at as the fan was running too often, normally when cold and it bought up a code for the fan module, I changed the water temp sensor and it's been fine since (about 2 years now) so that may be worth a try.

3. andyrob New Member

Cheers, my friend cleared the code and the next time the CEL came on it was for a temp sensor. Once that was changed it hasnt caused any more problems (crosses fingers)