Work's Tourneo

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by paulyDMX, Apr 27, 2008.

1. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
    Not a recent one, I think it happened about 18 months ago, but this is what happens when idiot Dutch drivers stop half way round a round about (blocking both lanes) to read their map. Just found the photos.

[​IMG]

And this is what happens when your airbag goes off next to your arm:

[​IMG]

It hurt.

The gap between the two burns is where my Animal watch strap was....it melted.

2. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

OUCH!!!! I don't get the burns though.. How did an airbag going off give you such severe burns?

And can't you sue for that?

3. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
    It was something to do with the chemical that explodes to inflate the airbag. There's vents on the bottom of the bag where the gas escapes from so by the time your face hits it, the bag is deflating. Some of the chemical also came out of this vent, but because I was on a roundabout, the wheel was turned and the vents were on the left.

I tried going through one of those no win no fee people, but after a year of arsing about they gave up on it. The Dutch car drove off - some random witness followed them as far as they could, but they boarded a ferry and were gone by the time PoD or Kent Police could do anything.

They couldn't trace the car in Holland so there was no one to claim off.