Worlds Ugliest Cars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhilRyder, May 29, 2023.

1. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

We were at Brands Hatch yesterday for the Historic F1 cars. The racing was good especially the pre 66 saloon cars which was great fun.
    There were many many fantastic cars there but then I saw something that took my breath away. I thought why was it built in the first place and why would someone cherish it now? So it got me to thinking, a Worlds Ugliest Cars thread. What cars have you seen that made you wish you didn’t have eyes :lol:

Marcos Mantis M70
    IMG_1503.jpeg

2. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

God that is awful. Only something it's Mother can love

3. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Couldn't be arsed linking to an image but that latest BMW frontal look curls my teeth.

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like the new BMW grill, especially when broken up by a number plate

5. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Ain't no number plate that could be big enough!

2023-bmw-740i-sedan-black-1001x565-(1).jpg

costel1969 and Tristan like this.
  6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Reminds me of the pink panther car, personally I like it, but you know what I'm like. Growing up in the 70s was the wedge era, And marcos were sort of local to me years ago.
    Agree, the new bmw look is not my cup of tea either, how can they come up with that?
    To be honest though, most electric cars look weird now.
    I'll think of something to get a picture of old, for you all to peruse.

7. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Ssang Yong Rodius

Odious.

costel1969 likes this.
  8. dodgy

Now, apologies for the delay, just had a trip out to buy lego and donuts.
    On the excursion I drove by a couple of cars, Strangely I'm going to throw 2 cats in the avery here, first off, jag E type, especially the tin top version, always thought this was an ugly beast and can't work out the hype.... Screenshot_20230529-140052_Chrome.jpg
    Bulbous, bloated and not for me.
    I've seen them, ridden in them and even collected stuff for people, compared to the xk120 etc or an austin Healey 3000 of same era, I don't see the appeal.

Second feline catapultation, Daimler dart, now this IS an ugly car, Screenshot_20230529-135900_Chrome.jpg
    Now whether it's seeing one parked on a farm in cheddar when growing up, or it's face that looks like Blakey from on the buses saying "I hate you Butler!"
    But it has an ugly-cool that appeals to me, sort of like citroen stuff from 50s, 60s & 70s.

But for more modern hideous creations,
    Fiat multipla, need I say more about the Italian toad? Screenshot_20230529-142222_Chrome.jpg
    Fiat seicento, looks like a melted cinquecento.
    Ford Scorpio (reminds me of my old cat trying to escape the wicker basket on a vet visit by forcing its head through a tiny window and so pulling its skin back bulging its eyes) Screenshot_20230529-142114_Chrome.jpg
    And I think its a Kia Ceed estate, even the designer tried crossing it out looking at the rear side window. Screenshot_20230529-142049_Chrome.jpg
    It's a better frontal view than the other 2 though.

9. dodgy

Oh, vw fox, can't put finger on it, but it's sort of like an inbred polo 9n3.

10. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Knew there would be a Multipa on here! They are horrific.

dodgy likes this.
  11. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

I see all of the above contenders and raise you with this........there are a still a few of these mutants here in Calgary, apparently when this was first revealed there was an audible gasp from the audience and then hysterical laughter. (All completely understandable - I mean where was the due diligence and sense and someone at a meeting saying - "Are you completely out of your mind? This cannot be unleashed on the general public, it's hideous!")

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    PhilRyder likes this.
  12. dodgy

Looks like a citroen zx was friendly with a bison, what the blazes is it?

13. costel1969

It's a Pontiac Aztec - it's just as well that they are no longer around as this thing named in their honour would have definitely finished them off.

Rear view in case anyone thinks that this dog had any redeeming angles..it's, well it's just vile isn't it?
    upload_2023-5-29_9-32-37.png

dodgy likes this.
  14. costel1969

This car was obviously designed in honour of the duck billed platypus..

15. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Pretty sure Walter White drove one of these in BB!

Fugly tho

costel1969 likes this.
  16. costel1969

You are 100% correct he did drive one of these abominations

17. costel1969

That is dreadful - what was once the famous BMW twin kidney grille look has now turned into a gigantic pair of nostrils

18. What about the nissan cube

19. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

I don’t mind the Cube.
    @dodgy some good choices there. Agree on hard top e type but the soft top with the hood down is sublime. I like a Daimler Dart (SP250 if you don’t mind) but you are right, a bit Marmite.

dodgy likes this.
  20. dodgy

I'd buy a cube, and nearly did when sold Pedro polo.