Worlds Ugliest Cars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhilRyder, May 29, 2023.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

I think the designer may have got inspiration from... Screenshot_20230529-192611_Chrome.jpg

costel1969 likes this.
  2. watercooled Forum Member

Yes and the nissan Duke,good friend of mine bought one new and we all went wow thats "differant'' being polite of course ,she sorta went off it after that but when the g/box crapped out after 7000kms she sold it for a fraction of new price .

3. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Yes also a very good contender there @Tristan - I had forgotten about that 'beauty'

4. saladman

saladman Paid Member Paid Member

Agree with the Multipla + Scorpio but the E-type is gorgeous IMO

PT Cruiser should be included though!

PT cruiser yuck.JPG

5. dodgy

The cabrio looks like a Croc. Screenshot_20230529-224119_Chrome.jpg
    Enough said.

6. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

Apparently it's pretty much (pun non intended) the norm these days to buy a new car on PCP - it looks as if many are designed on it too.

In the 90's, Audis looked as if they'd been styled using the flat of a knife on a cube of butter.

As to some views above;

The e-type hardtop was described to me once as a dick on wheels, and this has stuck with me since.

Daimler Dart/Sp 250; redeemed by the swiss-watch V8 engine.

Vw fox; I think it may actually be the Up and its Seat clone that I see as having rear lights far too large for it.

Bmw grilles; as if someone's asked a kid to draw the traditional grille, and then used it. But then I think it was an Audi where I thought 'how big an engine is it supposed to have, to need that much cooling air intake?'

I still refer to 'Jenault Migraine, sorry Megane' for the car where the telly ads would cause uproar nowadays.

Multipla; the u.s. air force used the term BUFF (Big Ugly Flying F**ker) for the B-52, leading me to alter it for the Multipla.

PT cruiser; I see it cut down into an ute*. An old-fashioned step-side one.

I haven't even bothered to find out what an Suv that I see about is, it looks as if it's meant to evade radar detection, like a stealth fighter. So maybe it's effective.

* what the yankees call a pick-up. I don't think of a vehicle when I hear that term.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    dodgy likes this.
  7. dodgy

Screenshot_20230530-125807_Chrome.jpg
    That's the fox, not the earlier polo US thing, nor the later up/mii/citigo model, its just odd.

The successor to the pt cruiser was available as a van and ute, and not too bad, very retro.

8. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

Back to the OP, I also thought of the Pink Panther car, and like you a child of the 70s so freaky kit cars like that still have a place in my heart.

I have a strong hankering for the reborn 70's Lotus Elite, but I'm strongly aware this isn't everyone's cup of tea. I need my cars to still be practical; seats in the back, a boot with a hatch for taking the dogs out, and generally affordable. So that cuts out a lot of options for me when it comes to classic cars. It's why a Mk2 Golf meets the criteria for me, and is still my everyday transport. But I think I could live with that god damn ugly Lotus, maybe not that colour though

[​IMG]

9. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

Oh, and unpopular opinion, I also think the E-type Jag is hideous

dodgy likes this.