’97 Golf Scorpion alarm model number

Discussion in 'Security' started by Mikey, May 26, 2004.

1. Mikey Forum Member

Dad's just bought a '97 8v Mk3 Gti & it has a Scorpion alarm fitted.
    There's a couple of pages of instructions included in the paperwork that came with the car, but it doesn't mention the model number of the alarm, which I think will be required when he tries to insure it. The chap he bought the car from said it was a dealer fitted alarm, so could anyone tell me a few model numbers & their features so I could compare please? There's no Thatcham certificates included, but the keys came with a couple of fobs & has full closure etc

Thanks
    Mike

2. Mikey Forum Member

Here's a few pics of the keyfob if it helps to distinguish the model?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone know what the socket type connector at the side of the keyfob (3rd pic) is for?

3. ickle Forum Member

4. Mikey Forum Member

Thanks for that!

5. Mikey Forum Member

well, I've had a quick play with the alarm tonight, using the 915/918 instructions posted in the link above it seems to do as it should.

One thing, say if I needed to keep the dog in the car, I can disable the ultrasonics by flicking the switch downwards, but as the cars leccy windows & sunroof are linked to the alarm, when I arm the alarm the windows & sunroof also close (= suffocated dog).

Is there a way of arming the alarm with ultrasonics off, but being able to leave a window slightly open?

If I just lock the car with the key (not pressing the alarm fob), the passive arming comes on after 20 secs, and the ultrasonics seem to be on regardless of the switch position on the fob!

I'm confused [:s] !

6. ickle Forum Member

ye mines does the exact same . it is a pain in the arse sometimes . you go to get a ticket at a car park and you come back then the car goes mental ..

there is a new post on my link with a diff model no it may help cheers

stuarty