1.8 16v KR G60

Discussion in '16-valve' started by daniboy1_2_3, Feb 24, 2009.

1. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Hi all, im in the process of building a mk1 golf 16v g60. Im using the KR engine with a spacer plate to reduce the compression. The block has been rebored, crankshaft ground and balanced and i have all new pistons, rings and bearings. Im just wondering if standard bearings will cope with all the extra power. Im looking at somewhere around 250bhp. Has anyone built a similar engine, what did you use? Any help advice appreciated. The block is currently sat in an engine stand and i have installed the crank with new bearings and thrust washer and pistons. I have yet to check the end float and have been told this is important although im not quite sure what value is acceptable as yet.

2. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

New bearings from VW will be more than adequate for the job in hand!

3. GGR

GGR Forum Member

My work mates 16v g60 is completely standard kr with 110k on it with stacked head gaskets and lysholm charger with 55mm pulley and no problems.

4. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Thats good to hear. I have spoken to a couple of people who have said they have had no problems with the reliability of building one this way. Im just on the look out for an integration kit now as G-weks dont stock them anymore if anyone can help?

5. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Im looking into buying an integration kit at the moment which has a thicker head gasket included. Is your mate a member on this site? would be interested in having a chat about the car if he wouldent mind.