1.8 AUM Turbo troubles

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Finite, May 11, 2021.

1. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Hi all. So I find myself with a turbo to remove and re-fit on the A3/Mk4 1.8T AUM. Not wanting to do any element of it again in a hurry I'd appreciate any advice.

I have the basics with the workshop manual. It mentions a paste for the manifold to turbo bolts. Is Loctite 8008 C5A a good equivalent?

Edit: I decided to go for nickle anti-seize.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

So I have the turbo back after being remanufactured with a new CHRA, but I'm not impressed with paint on internal surfaces like the turbine housing, actuator penny and laquer on the mating faces for both manifolds. Also they have neglected to repair one of the threads on the turbine housing despite prompts before and after.

If could use a bolt 5mm longer I could get away with clearing the thead with a tap.

The OE 058145540 hexagon bolt M10x50 is marked RIBE SD. No idea what grade of SS they're only that is it's non magnetic.

Victor Reinz aftermarket equivalent is 10.9 steel, but should I stick to the SS OEM?