1.8T 20V into a Vento???

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Vento_Quiggs, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Vento_Quiggs Forum Member

Been seriously considering a transplant into my 1.9TDi Vento recently. Only have her a fortnight, but already I want more power. I came from a 1.4 8V mk3 golf and Im loving the extra BHP in the vento TDi, but Im just itching for more recently.

1.8T 20V seems to be a very popular engine swap with mk1/mk2 golf owners, but Im guessing putting one into a 96 Vento would be much easier??
    Ive read that a 20V T from a mk4 golf will cost in excess of 3000, would this be correct?

I know that the 20V T has endless tuning possibilities and I would really like to find out more.

Any help/guidance appreciated! :)
    Edited by: SQ_Golf_mk3

2. dub4life New Member

yes it is pos i have a friend who as a mk3 golf with a 20vt in and as far as i am awere the set up is about the same. give vw enterprize a call and they will be aball to help 0207 703 8689
    :p

3. All Torque Forum Member

Why not tune/chip your TDI?

I know TSR and Allard had a mark 3 Golf TDI with 150bhp plus. A re-chip or plug in box would give you 110/115bhp and you would still be doing 50mpg with no problems. ;)