1.8t AEB vs AGU

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by e12_mat, Nov 27, 2005.

1. e12_mat Forum Member

Evening all...

Recently aquired a 1.8t from 1 98 passat, i just wondering whats differenced there are between n AGU in the golfs and AEB that came from the passat.

I know the inlet manifold is different i was just wondering if i would still be able to fit this in my mk2, did a search it seems to be the choice for mk1's.

thanks very much

2. Seizure Forum Member

Michael Ghia did a VERY useful spreadsheet in this very forum. It list all the specs for the 20vT engines. Have a quick look here

According to the spread sheet the only difference is the crank. The AGU is forged, apparatly, whereas the AEB is cast. Oh, and the AEB has an external water pump which makes fixing a Mk1 engine bracket on easier. Hence then being the choice for Mk1s.

Not sure if you have to move the water pump for it to fit into a Mk2 or not though, but my guess is you don't cos Mk2s originally came with external pumps.
    Edited by: Seizure

3. e12_mat Forum Member

Thanx very much for the help, just trying to figure out what to do about the managment wheather go qpeng or megasquirt.

i mean if i go squirt then really need a 36-1 wheel due to the lack of support for the 60-2 but is cheaper then qpeng.

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

60-2 is supported, it's just a bit on the experimental side still :lol:

Don't take that the wrong way though, it does actually work, it's just that because it's a fairly new feature there hasn't really been enough people been running it for long enough to declare it done and dusted.

5. e12_mat Forum Member

The only reason why i thought 36-1 was so i could use edis and theres a lot more support on the forums especially for some one on there first squirt.

Did u get yours from glensgarage? what u reckon it cost u all in, i reckon with wideband o2 about 500.