1.8t AGU Misfire - P0605

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by christianscrafton1993, Nov 2, 2016.

1. christianscrafton1993 New Member

Hello there! Finally put together the last few remaining parts of my golf and i got the engine fired up ran with a slight misfire untill about 30 seconds in and it gets worse, when i blip the throttle it becomes a bad misfire until it gains a bit of revs and then it will clear and rev okay untill it comes back down , however having had it on Vag com the only code that could mean anything is - P0605 - ive had 2 ignition amps on and changed the coils over and its still the same - the spark plugs are black even though there only a hour old, im starting to think its over fueling and causing the misfire - Could that code be true and could my ecu be toast ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...69i57j69i58.2043j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Have you just rebuilt it? Hydraulic lifters may not be primed hence misfire I'd let it run up to temp first

3. christianscrafton1993 New Member

i didnt rebuild the motor however it has sat for around 17 months in storage, im going to recheck and cover the basics tomorrow and see if i missed somthing however the p0605 is worrying me abit that im buying stuff in vain of a dodgy ecu