1.8t AUG

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by DODGER, Feb 15, 2005.

1. DODGER Forum Member

Just been reading this months PVW and seen the step by step 1.8t 20v conversion. Any one got any advice re conversion? Pictures of the same in their cars?

2. vrbanana Forum Junkie

depends on what gearbox your using as to what mounts to use. What are you wanting to fit and to what car with what gearbox?????? [:s] [:s] [:s] :lol:

3. dub4life New Member

ok with out wishing to be big headidi and saying i know best but i have done the convs my self ,i toyed with the idear at first but there are some things you need to think about.
    1)you are puting a new enging on a older gear box
    2)an 8v top speed at best is about120mph give or take a my mk4 lump is some were around 130+.
    3)it fits the bloody same way
    4)a standed 20v cluch is good for about 265bhp.
    its worth geting hold of the extra bits and doing the extra work.it is an easy convs but not. a lot of hours went in to my car.if you need help email me there are bits that are left out and turns i do not agry with.

4. DODGER Forum Member

I currently run a valver which is too good to pull apart. So I was thinking about starting with as late as poss 8v. The gearbox I have my doubts as whether even rebuilt an 020 would be up to it. The clutch could also be a problem I guess. Did you use the mk4 gearbox? If so how easy is it to fit?

5. dub4life New Member

bro at the end of the day it up to you,but with the rite mangerment on there you can put any thing up to 230bhp its an easy way out without puting a hydro clutch in. but its time and a bit more money but well worth it.work at the most would take about day taking the old out and puting the new lot in.flating out the bolked with some thing hevey i.e a big f##king hammer bolting every thing back up feeding throw hydo line and then changeing the brake filler pot.every one is a winner.

6. danmoody Forum Member

i have a mk4 box on cable insted of hydro just change the piston pot on the box for a cable lever.

7. danmoody Forum Member

some pics

[​IMG]