1.8T conversion & matching loom??

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Mikey, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Mikey Forum Member

Right then, just something that I've been wondering about:-
    For a 1.8T or 1.9pd Tdi engine conversion the whole loom, ecu, clocks & ignition lock & keys will be required, is this correct?

Question is though, does the loom & other gubbins have to come from the same car, or could I source an engine from one place & the loom & bits from another?

I've seen a few 1.8t engines for sale that don't have the loom (light fire damage been one reason) & seem to be going cheap. I know it's best to get perhaps a rear ended donor car, but I'm just thinking of other (perhaps cheaper ;) ) options & want to gather the info before commiting myself to parting with the hard-earned.

(Thinking about it I haven't seen that many complete looms & matching clocks for sale, but I just thought I'd ask :) , & you never know if & when the opportunity may arise!)

Cheers for any input

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Ask on the forum at www.designadubs.com, there's a bloke there called "184800 cubic inches" who knows all there is about the loom business......

3. Mikey Forum Member

Aahhh, 3028 329.44 ml is the man i need to talk to then?

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

No, it's 6400 imperial pints you want. He doesn't do metric. And prefers to be rounded up, rather than down.