1.8T in a late mk3 16v

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by EADubber, Sep 8, 2005.

1. EADubber Forum Member

which would be the best 1.8T lump to intstall - ease of installation would be top of my list not big power yet ;)- on the flip side how easy would an s3 lump be?

I guess the gear box would mate up - would any clutch parts need changing?

How about wiring - would i need the donnor cars fuse box as well as engine loom clocks, keys and ecu?

cheers

tim.

Edited by: EADubber

2. iguana Forum Member

When a mk4 1.8t is so cheap nowadays why bother with all that money pit & hastle on a Mk3?

3. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

Any 1.8t will do but the 225 ones are best for power for standard.

I know of a company thats local to me that can supply and fit it on standard management. Pm for details.

4. polovalver New Member

hi there mate, i am interested to know more about this company. could they supply a modified loom such as the qpe option?

cheers

5. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

They dont do off the shelf looms for standard managementdue to the ammount ofdifferent engine codes,wiring colours and plugs that have to be mated together. They can wire the engines to your car tho no probs with or with out the donar cars clocks. ill try and get a number if you need it.

6. EADubber Forum Member

Because Vw never made a mk3 1.8T. i'd agree with you if i was talking about fitting a VR or an abf lump. Why do so many people fit vr's into mk2's. For me its just as much putting the engine in myself as having the car with the 'engine of the moment' in